CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
We are partnered with the Maryland Health Department on COVIDConnect - a free online forum for those who tested positive for COVID-19. This forum is for people who have recovered - or are in the process of recovering - from their illness. Support, research, and mental health resources are available. Learn more and register now.
We hope this guide is helpful to the NAMI community and hte greater public during this difficult period. This guide contains information like:
- General information
- Dealing with anxiety
- How to get care
- Financial support
- and more.
In the coming days and weeks, NAMI Maryland will be rolling out additional support and education to help our community process the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please take our brief survey to help us target the best way to help you.
- The Maryland Department of Health's Recovery and Wellness Support Resources for the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Guidance for People Who Use Substances on COVID-19
- Coronavirus Guidance for Patients Engaged in Substance Use Treatment
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's Mental Health & COVID-19 Webpage
- SAMHSA's Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infections Disease Outbreak
- The CDC's Resources on Stress and Coping
- The National Association of School Psychologists' Guide on Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- Digital Recovery Support: Online and Mobile Resources from the Recovery Research Institute
- PsychHub's COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub
- Navigating Public Benefits as a Family Member
- Bouncing Back from COVID-19: Your Guide to Restoring Movement
- The Center for Victims of Torture COVID-19 Mental Health Resources in Multiple Langauges including Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Swahili, Burmese and others.
- How Does COVID-19 Anxiety Impact Children? by the LifeWorks Group
- Coping in the Time of Pandemic: Caring for Yourself and Your Loved-Ones with Mental Illness presented by Dr. Mark Komrad & Dr. Patti Friedman.
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Overcoming Barriers for Individuals, Families, and Providers presented by Brad Richards.
- Planning Ahead: Helping Families and Individuals Avert a Mental Health Emergency presented by Bette Stewart.
- Town Hall with the Behavioral Health Administration. This program was brought to you in partnership with NAMI Maryland, BTST Cares, and the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration.
- What to Know Before Using a Mental Health App presented by NAMI.
- Finding Music Within the Noise: A Plan to Thrive During Troubling Times presented by Marc "Junk" Junkerman.
- Finding Your Way Through the Dark: Living with Depression presented by Dr. Dan Hale and Rev. Pamula Yerby-Hammack. Part two of the Depression webinar series.
- NAMI Maryland's Policy Priorities: Get Educated! presented by Moira Cyphers.
- Resiliency and Mental Wellness for First Responders presented by Steven Thomas & Michelle Warshauer.
- Treating Depression: Myth vs. Reality presented by Dr. Dan Hale & Dr. Alexis Hammond.
- 2/8/21 at 12:00 pm: Bridging the Gap: Effective First Responder & Mental Health Care Partnerships presented by Lt. Steven Thomas and Steve Plummer, LCPC. Part three of the Mental Health for First Responders and Essential Workers series.
- 3/22/21 at 12:00 pm: Beyond Treatment: Supports and Strategies presented by Dr. Dan Hale & Rev. Yerby-Hammack. Part four for the Depression webinar series.
Webinars: Save the Date!
Titles and descriptions for the following webinars are subject to change. Please join our mailing list and check back regularly for more details.
- 3/8/21 at 12:00 pm: Creating a Peer Support Team for First Responders presented by Marc "Junk" Junkerman, Lt. Steve Thomas, and Michelle Warshauer. Part four of the Mental Health for First Responders and Essential Workers series.
- 4/5/21 at 12:00 pm: Cumulative Trauma Experienced by First Responders presented by Sgt. Shane Blalock. Part five of the Mental Health for First Responders and Essential Workers series.
- 4/19/21 at 12:00 pm: Building Compassion Cultivation in First Responders presented by Lt. Richard Goerling and Chief Jennifer Tejada. Part six of the Mental Health for First Responders and Essential Workers series.
NEW: Fact Sheets!
- Caring for Yourself and Your Loved Ones with Mental Illness During a Pandemic
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Individuals and Families
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Providers
- Planning Ahead: Helping Families and Individuals Avert a Mental Health Emergency
- Depression: Out of the Darkness and Into the Light
- Finding Music within the Noise: A Plan to Thrive During Troubling Times
- Finding Your Way Through the Dark: Living with Depression