CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
We are partnered with the Maryland Health Department on COVIDConnect - a free online forum for those who tested positive for COVID-19. This forum is for people who have recovered - or are in the process of recovering - from their illness. Support, research, and mental health resources are available. Learn more and register now.
We hope this guide is helpful to the NAMI community and hte greater public during this difficult period. This guide contains information like:
- General information
- Dealing with anxiety
- How to get care
- Financial support
- and more.
In the coming days and weeks, NAMI Maryland will be rolling out additional support and education to help our community process the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please take our brief survey to help us target the best way to help you.
- The Maryland Department of Health's Recovery and Wellness Support Resources for the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Guidance for People Who Use Substances on COVID-19
- Coronavirus Guidance for Patients Engaged in Substance Use Treatment
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's Mental Health & COVID-19 Webpage
- SAMHSA's Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infections Disease Outbreak
- The CDC's Resources on Stress and Coping
- The National Association of School Psychologists' Guide on Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- Digital Recovery Support: Online and Mobile Resources from the Recovery Research Institute
- PsychHub's COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub
- Navigating Public Benefits as a Family Member
- Bouncing Back from COVID-19: Your Guide to Restoring Movement
- The Center for Victims of Torture COVID-19 Mental Health Resources in Multiple Langauges including Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Swahili, Burmese and others.
- Coping in the Time of Pandemic: Caring for Yourself and Your Loved-Ones with Mental Illness presented by Dr. Mark Komrad & Dr. Patti Friedman.
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Overcoming Barriers for Individuals, Families, and Providers presented by Brad Richards.
- Planning Ahead: Helping Families and Individuals Avert a Mental Health Emergency presented by Bette Stewart.
- Town Hall with the Behavioral Health Administration. This program was brought to you in partnership with NAMI Maryland, BTST Cares, and the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration.
- What to Know Before Using a Mental Health App presented by NAMI.
NEW: Fact Sheets!
- Caring for Yourself and Your Loved Ones with Mental Illness During a Pandemic
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Individuals and Families
- Telehealth in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies and Insights for Providers
- Planning Ahead: Helping Families and Individuals Avert a Mental Health Emergency